Friday, February 09, 2007



Yay! It let me add pictures! At the top left is my roommate, Devorah. She lives in Har Nof with her 19 year old son and is the Administrator at Machon Lev for the English program. The next picture are 4 friends we've (David and I) made in Ramat Beit Shemesh (along with their husbands) through our shul, HaMaor, and one of the women's daughter. The second woman from the right is Faige; the sister of Rabbi Granofsky from Ohr David. She and her husband, Manis, are our "buddy" family that Nefesh b'Nefesh assigned to us when we first got here. They've been great!


The picture on the left above here is another Devorah I met on the bus. She also lives in RBS and has 5 kids she's raising by herself. I hope we get to know each other better. The 3 women in the next picture are unbelievable. Bassya (left) works at Yad Ezra VeShulamit which is where I met her. She and Adina (right in picture) planned the entire English women's program for the retreat. Ateret, in the middle, is Adinah's sister-in-law. She's the one with the special needs' kids who spoke on the last evening.
The next picture is the "Efrat Ladies." They sat with us (my roommate and the Maor women) for most of the meals. Rachel invited David and Emma and I to come spend a Shabbos with her and her husband in Efrat so we can see what the community is like. If we can figure out how to get Emma there, we'll go!


Next are two pictures from the view from our hotel room on the 4th floor. The one on the left is looking straight down at the palm trees, and the one on the right is looking out towards the Dead Sea. You can see the separate men's and women's beaches, but you can't see the magnificent view of the mountains in Jordan on the other side of the sea. The water wasn't quite blue and not quite green, and looked pretty shallow. Living in Missouri almost all my life, I haven't had much chance to enjoy many beaches!












These last three pictures are views of the desert from the bus. The one on the left (with part of the seat in front of me) shows the sea and very faintly the mountains on the other side. All in all, a great getaway!

























No comments: